A destination in itself, Dubai World Trade Centre, also known as Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre (DICEC), hosts more than 500 events across international trade fairs, mega consumer shows and prestigious conventions - and welcomes more than 2.7 million visitors from 160 global markets every year.
The next edition of Automechanika Dubai will take place from 2 – 4 October 2023
Safety measures at Dubai World Trade Centre
Dubai World Trade Centre is certified with the prestigious Bureau Veritas SafeGuard Label, which is awarded to a venue only when all requirements of a detailed audit are met. This audit is carried out by Bureau Veritas - a world leader in testing, inspection and certification services - and follows a checklists with global health, safety and hygiene specialists to ensure safe procedures are in place for the resumption of business operations in line with local and international regulations, as well as recognised best practices.
Click below to read more about each safety measure that has been implemented throughout your visit to the show.
- Rigorous sanitisation of the halls are conducted pre and post event
- Sanitisers have been installed in all key areas
- Dedicated staff have been assigned to disinfect common areas including all frequently touched surfaces such as lift buttons, hand rails, door knobs, seating areas, tables, reception lobbies, restroom rooms, prayer rooms, throughout the day.
- Common areas are being fumigated by a professionally trained team
- Chemicals used for disinfection and housekeeping purpose are quaternary ammonium based products approved by Dubai Municipality and Dubai Health Authority
Visitors are encouraged to arrive at the venue earlier than usual, to allow more time for enhanced safety checks.
- Visitors can use the Exhibition Street Parking with direct access to the venue
- Taxi, Uber and Careem drop-off points are available at both Exhibition Gate and Convention Gate. The World Trade Centre Metro Station is only a 5 minute walk from the venue
- Sanitisation of frequently-touched parking areas like payment machines and attendant booths is thoroughly carried out
- Social distancing stickers are placed in all elevators and walkways
- All visitors will be screened via contactless temperature checks prior to entering the venue through designated entrances
- If a visitor is identified with high temperature, the individual may be requested to wait for 2-5 minutes for the body temperature to cool down, after which a follow-up temperature check will be done
- If high temperature is still indicated, the individual will be directed to an isolation room and the Emergency Medical Services Team (EMS) will be contacted for further action in compliance with Dubai Health Authority procedures
- Online pre-registration is required for all events for contact tracing purposes
- Over-the-counter registration is not possible at this time
- In case a helpdesk or a registration area is required onsite, compliance to social distancing norms for queuing with 2m floor markers will be followed
- Automated ticket/badge dispensation with contactless payments will be implemented, where applicable
- Please follow the clearly marked and separate entry and exit points
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory at all times including inside the halls, gloves are optional
- Please keep social distancing when greeting and refrain from exchanging business cards
- Barcode or QR codes will be digitally scanned to allow entry where applicable
- Regular handwashing is recommended. Alternatively, please sanitise your hands frequently using the sanitisers provided across the venue
- Please keep a social distance of 2 metres at all times. When queuing, please stand on the floor stickers to ensure minimum distance. Our event seating capacities have also been adjusted to accommodate this social distance
- Contactless payments are recommended at all the venue’s outlets and for catering purchases during the event
- Seating capacity and social distancing requirements are in place at all food outlets onsite
- Dedicated staff to clean and sanitise tables and chairs after every use
- Designated bins are located throughout the venue to ensure that used Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is disposed in a safe manner
- Prayer Rooms are partially open during prayer times with precautionary measures in place to keep worshippers safe
- Restrooms (including floors, mirrors, wash basins and amenities) are cleaned and disinfected hourly
- Please follow the clearly marked, dedicated exits when leaving
- Signage is located at taxi ranks outlining the venue’s safety regulations. Additional traffic marshals may also be positioned to ensure safe distancing, when needed
- Contactless parking payments have been implemented where possible
Getting to the venue
A 10 minute drive from DXB Airport, Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre (also known as Dubai World Trade Centre) is at the heart of Dubai's Business District. Conveniently located along the arterial Sheikh Zayed Road, the complex adjoins the metro at Dubai World Trade Centre station.
Arrive by metro, taxi or drive and park in one of the many free and paid parking lots available at the venue.
At the Dubai World Trade Centre, you will find a range of dining, retail and business services, whether you are an exhibitor or visitor. From car rental to pharmacies; coffee shops, banks and printing services.
Restaurants, cafes & snack bars
Looking for a place where you can have a little break from the hustle and bustle of the exhibition? Maybe a place to have a business lunch meeting? Here, you can find an overview of all the restaurants, snack bars and café bars on the exhibition grounds.
In case you are driving to the exhibition at Dubai World Trade Centre, free open parking lots are available close to the exhibition halls. Highlighted by circles in the map are the 4 free open parking lots P1.a, P1.b, P1.c and P2 along with multi-story paid parking options.
View the parking map